By: Sharon Aron Baron
Piper High School School students received a surprise when they found out they won an all-expense-paid trip to New York.
This award provides a trip for eight Piper High School students in the school’s Virtual Enterprise program and two chaperones to participate in the national 2020 VEI Youth Business Summit experience in New York.
Announced on January 30, the school is one of four winning schools in the nation selected as an HSBC Bank Opportunity Fund Winner.
These students are:
The VEI Youth Business Summit is a one-of-a-kind global business convention for students. During a dynamic week of business competitions, leadership events, and professional networking, the rising talent from middle and high schools around the world display the professional skills and business insight they have developed by running a VEI company during the school year.
The VEI program prepares students for successful futures by transforming school classes into companies and bridging the divide between the classroom and the working world. Students launch and operate businesses in a virtual environment with peers from around the world.
Piper High School serves students from both Sunrise and Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town