By Sharon Aron Baron
The Humane Society of Broward County currently features two special pets seeking their forever homes. Pookie, a playful two-year-old, and Arthur, a loving six-year-old cat, are both up for adoption, each with a unique story.
Pookie, a lively canine, enjoys activities like playing fetch and is known for her calm demeanor during car rides. Although her previous family had to give her up due to allergies, Pookie remains an affectionate and social dog.
She responds to the command ‘sit,’ is vigilant about strangers near the home, and thrives on attention and pets. Thanks to the generosity of animal enthusiast Janet J., Pookie’s adoption fee has been sponsored.
Arthur, an orange tabby with a captivating personality, has overcome challenges with limited vision due to an early eye infection.
His affectionate nature and love for play remain unaffected, making him an endearing companion. Arthur is curious and enjoys observing outdoor activities from his room. Known for his love of cuddles and naps on laps, Arthur promises to bring joy and affection to his new family.
Prospective adopters can meet Pookie (ID 676510), Arthur (ID 677278), or other pets by completing a pre-adoption application at www.humanebroward.com.
The Humane Society of Broward County, located at 2070 Griffin Road, opens its adoption department daily at 11 a.m. For inquiries, contact 954-989-3977 ext. 6.
In addition, the community is invited to participate in the VCA Walk for the Animals, a fundraising event for the shelter. The walk is scheduled for Saturday, February 3, 2024, in Fort Lauderdale. Registrations are open at www.walk4theanimals.com. This event offers an excellent opportunity for animal lovers to support and engage with the shelter’s mission.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications