If you see unusual police activity in Broward County over the next two weeks, don’t be alarmed. Law enforcement agencies are providing support for an urban training exercise which will take place at different locations throughout the county.
The purpose of the exercise is to provide U.S. Special Operations Forces with realistic urban sites for preparedness training. This routine training has been conducted by military personnel in cities across the country.
The sites have been carefully selected to minimize the impact on the daily routine of residents and visitors. Each training site will be secured to ensure the safety of the general public and the participants. Training sites will not be disclosed for this reason. If any members of the public learn of the training locations, they ask the public to remain clear of these areas while training is conducted.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semiannual Garage Sale