By: Sharon Aron Baron
Time to put on those running shoes because the 36th annual Tamarac Turkey Trot 5K run is just around the corner.
Last year, over 2,000 people participated in the annual Thanksgiving race which begins at Tamarac City Hall, and makes its way through the Woodmont Country Club and back to Pine Island south to the finish line.
All ages can participate, and trophies and gift baskets will be given to the first three finishers based on Gun Time as well as to first place age group winners. Medals will be also be awarded to second and third place age group winners. Age group winners based on Net Time and awards will be presented at Tamarac City Hall after the race.
The run starts promptly at 7:30 a.m. and Special Events Coordinator Melissa Petron recommends registrants plan to arrive early to have enough time to find parking and get to the start line. She also said that strollers are allowed but they do discourage pets on the race course.
Registrants should apply on-line at active.com and pick up their packets prior to the race at Tamarac Community Center Monday, November 21 through Wednesday, November 23 from 4 p.m. – 8 p.m. On-line registration closes at 12:00 p.m. on November 23rd.
Commemorative T-shirts are guaranteed to the first 1,300 runners to pick up their packets. T-shirts are not guaranteed on Race Day.
November 21st – 23, 4 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Tamarac Community Center
8601 W. Commercial Blvd., Tamarac, FL 33351
Race starts at 7:30 a.m. at Tamarac City Hall 7525 NW 88th Ave.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition