By: Sharon Aron Baron
Detectives are searching for robber who attacked a man with a knife while attempting to steal his car in the parking lot of a Tamarac Walmart store.
Just after noon Dec. 5, Miguel Leon was sitting in his Kia Sorento in the parking lot of the Walmart located at 6931 N.W. 88th Avenue when he saw a man going from car to car pulling on door handles. Leon got out of his car and asked the man what he was doing. The man pulled a steak knife out of his pocket and asked, “You wanna die today?” The man punched Leon on the face causing him to stumble back.
The robber quickly jumped into the victim’s car trying to steal it. While the driver’s side door was still open, Leon reached inside and pulled the robber out. The two men once again struggled and Leon was able to knock the robber’s knife to the ground, at which point the man fled on foot.
The robber is a male in his late teens or early 20s, with a thin build. He is approximately 6 feet tall and weighs about 160 pounds. He has short dark hair and has “2017” tattooed under his left eye. He has a second tattoo over his right eye. He wore a black T-shirt and white basketball shorts.
Contact BSO Detective Mark Copley at 954-321-4738 or Broward Crime Stoppers, anonymously, at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or browardcrimestoppers.org with any information. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.12.11Marlon Bolton Appointed Vice Mayor at Tamarac Commission Meeting
- News2019.12.11Sheriff Tony Terminates Deputy for Using Excessive Force on Tamarac Teen
- News2019.12.10Free Living Interactive Recreation of Bethlehem is Back in Coral Springs
- News2019.12.10Dispose of Hazardous Waste in These Convenient Locations in 2020