By: Sharon Aron Baron
An investigation is underway after a Tamarac man was struck by three vehicles Tuesday night.
Around 9:45 p.m., Edward Henry, 62, of Kendall was driving his 2006 Saturn SUV westbound on West Commercial Boulevard in the far right lane approaching the 8900 block. During this time, Tamarac resident Eric Blaise, 33, stepped into the north side of the roadway and began walking south across the street. The driver’s side front corner of Henry’s SUV struck Blaise within the far right lane in a sideswipe collision. The Saturn continued west and came to a controlled stop within the lane.
After the initial impact, Blaise fell to the pavement within the center lane directly into the path of a 2006 Infiniti driven by Evan Thomas, 20, of Sunrise. Thomas was unable to avoid Blaise in the roadway. The Infiniti stuck the pedestrian and then came to a controlled stop in the far right lane behind the Saturn.
While Blaise was lying in the roadway, a third, unidentified vehicle traveled over him and continued westbound on West Commercial Boulevard. The driver did not stop, attempt to give aid or return to the scene.
BSO deputies pronounced the pedestrian deceased on scene at approximately 9:48 p.m. Henry and Thomas remained on scene and were cooperative throughout the investigation.
Blaise leaves behind two young children and will be memorialized on Sunday, December 17, 2017 from 3 p.m. -5 p.m. at Alexander-Levitt Funerals & Cremations located at 8135 W. McNab Road, Tamarac, FL 33321.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.04.03Florida COVID-19 Cases City by City Report for April 3
- News2020.04.03Tamarac Mayor Encourages Residents to Send Letters of Appreciation to Those on the Front Line
- News2020.04.02Tamarac Experiences Large Increase of COVID-19 Cases on April 2 City by City Report
- News2020.04.01Detective Searching for Thief Who Stole 2 Huge TV’s From Walmart