By Sharon Aron Baron
The deadline for submitting School Choice applications for the 2023/24 school year is quickly approaching.
Parents and guardians who are interested in applying for magnet programs, Nova schools, or school reassignments must submit their applications by Monday, February 6, 2023.
The application window opened on December 1, 2022, and families can apply online at browardschools.com/schoolchoice.
In order to apply, families will need their child’s student number. Parents and guardians of students who are new to Broward County Public Schools can visit any District school by Thursday, February 2, 2023, to request and receive a student number in time to apply before the deadline.
In addition to the standard School Choice application, parents and guardians of qualifying students can also submit applications for the Family Empowerment Scholarship for Students with Unique Abilities (FES-UA) program. This program, which was formerly known as the John M. McKay Scholarships for Students with Disabilities, no longer has a separate application window. The online application for the FES-UA program is available on the School Choice website.
For more information, contact the Office of School Choice at 754-321-2480 or email email@example.com.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family