By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you are civic-minded and would like to get more involved in the future of the city, the City of Tamarac is looking for you.
District 3 needs a Tamarac resident to step up and serve on the Public Art Committee which consists of five residents who recommend locations, artists, and artwork to the city commission.
This district is led by Commissioner Julie Fishman and includes Kings Point and Westwood communities. Southgate Blvd is on the north, the Sawgrass Expressway on the west, Pine Island Road to the east, and West McNab Road to the south.
Paid for by developer fees on construction projects, pieces selected by the art committee are located all over Tamarac.
Are you interested in serving? Fill out the online application. Hurry, the deadline is 5 pm on Friday, July 3. Please note that committee members serve without compensation.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.07.02Hispanic Supermarket Tapatia Opens New Tamarac Location
- News2020.07.01COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac Jump Past 300 in Latest Report
- News2020.07.01New Broward County Order Modifies Facial Covering Requirements; Limits Restaurant Hours
- News2020.06.29County Closes Beaches Over 4th of July Weekend