By: Sharon Aron Baron
Don’t miss a great chance to join others to see the performance of Dirty Dancing at the Kravis Center for Performing Arts on January 5.
Even if you have or haven’t seen the movie, you don’t want to miss this live experience, exploding with heart-pounding music, passionate romance and sensational dancing. Seen by millions across the globe, this worldwide smash hit features the hit songs “Hungry Eyes,” “Hey Baby,” “Do You Love Me?” and the heart-stopping “(I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life.”
It’s the summer of 1963, and 17-year-old Frances “Baby” Houseman is on vacation in New York’s Catskill Mountains with her older sister and parents. Baby discovers her own entertainment when she stumbles upon the staff quarters where an all-night dance party is in full swing. Mesmerized by the raunchy dance moves and the pounding rhythms, Baby can’t wait to be part of the scene, especially when she catches sight of Johnny Castle the resort dance instructor. Baby’s life is about to change forever as she is thrown in at the deep end as Johnny’s leading lady both on-stage and off with breathtaking consequences. Don’t miss this chance to see a record-breaking and adventurous theatre sensation.
Bus leaves from the Tamarac Community Center at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 5, 2017 and returns at 1100 p.m. Cost: Residents: $75; Non Residents $85.
Pre-registration required. Space is limited so sign up now at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W Commercial Blvd.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale