By: Sharon Aron Baron
When a Tamarac man noticed papers and personal items strewn across the front seat of his car one morning, he thought it was strange. Fortunately, he had surveillance cameras in front of his Westwood home to help him solve the mystery.
Sure enough, when he reviewed the video shot several hours before, it showed a sneaky car burglar slip into the passenger seat of his 2011 Honda Accord. He rifled around, occasionally looking out the window and then left with about $3 in change and the garage door opener.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are asking for the public’s help identifying this car burglar. The incident happened in the Westwood community south of McNab Road and east of Nob Hill Road. Anyone with information is asked to call BSO Det. Jeremy Grant at (954) 720-2225 or report anonymous tips to Crime Stoppers of Broward County at (954) 493-TIPS (8477)
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club
- News2020.11.25Man Posing as Roofing Contractor Arrested After Scamming Tamarac Resident
- News2020.11.23City of Tamarac Continues with Residential Assistance Program
- News2020.11.19Tamarac Crime Update and Arrests Through November 16