The swearing-in ceremony for Sheriff-elect Scott Israel will be held at The Faith Center in Sunrise on Tuesday, January 8 at 11 a.m, where where he will be sworn in by Broward County Circuit Judge Ilona Holmes.
After Israel accepts the oath of office, he will swear in the BSO personnel in attendance. Israel will also administer the oath of office to employees 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tuesday, January 8 in Bailey Hall at Broward College Central Campus at 3501 S.W. Davie Rd. in Davie.
Additional BSO personnel will be sworn in 11 a.m. and 12 p.m. Wednesday, January 9 at the African American Research Library at 2650 Sistrunk Blvd. in Fort Lauderdale.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office is one of the largest fully-accredited sheriff’s offices in the nation, providing law enforcement services to 17 districts, including Tamarac and all of the county’s unincorporated areas and various cities that contract with BSO and fire rescue services to most of the unincorporated areas and seven contract cities.
I am honored and humbled to be elected as the sheriff of Broward County. I am committed to working with the men and women of BSO and the residents to ensure that Broward County is a safe place to work and live,” – Scott Israel.
The agency provides law enforcement services to the county courthouses and provides both law enforcement and fire rescue services to the Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport and Port Everglades. It also runs the four county jails, housing an average of 4,500 inmates daily.
Voters elected Israel on Nov. 6, 2012 to lead the 5,500 employees of the Broward Sheriff’s Office. The public is invited to attend.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat