It was Patte Atkins-Grad’s first meeting since being acquitted on corruption charges, and it appeared that the Mayor and Commissioners were treating it just like any other workshop meeting which included no acknowledgment of their recently reunited colleague.
There was no public welcome for Atkins-Grad, who hasn’t appeared at a city commission meeting since 2010, as she slipped in before the Pledge of Allegiance without any fanfare or acknowledgement from the Mayor or other commissioners.
Maybe they held a private party in the back out of view of the public?
If not, they gave no indication that Atkins-Grad was back, or even missed a day of work, much less two years.
The workshop meeting stayed focused on the agenda. It was attended by the same residents and department heads in the audience.
Video photographers from the Sun Sentinel and Channel 10 News attended hoping to catch a statement from Atkins-Grad, but inevitably would leave empty-handed.
On the agenda, was a legislative update from lobbyist Ron Book and an update on the expanded bikeway.
Harry Dressler would also be appointed as Vice Mayor after Michelle Gomez stepped down once Atkins-Grad was acquitted.
The meeting was adjourned with no statements to the press.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semi-Annual Garage Sale
- News2020.01.21Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac January 31