By Jim Donnelly
Through our joint effort with the Broward Sheriff’s Office to share updates with the residents, this is a summary of Tamarac crime events through February 6.
A victim of Burglary Conveyance on N University Drive on 02/01/2023. The total estimated loss was $12,600. Unknown subject(s) unlawfully entered the victim’s vehicle by smashing the front passenger-side window. Once inside, they removed one transmitter device and one receiver device.
Fraud – Credit Card / Atm
A victim of Fraud – Credit Card / Atm on N State Road 7 on 02/03/2023. The total estimated loss was $5,989. Complainant advised that a fired employee used the company gas card after being terminated for $5989.11 for 53 transactions.
Fraud – All Other
A victim of Fraud – All Other on NW 57th Court on 02/06/2023. The total estimated loss was $4,000. The complainant advised that she was defrauded out of $4000 when her iPad was hacked.
A victim of Embezzlement on W Commercial Blvd, on 02/04/2023. The total estimated loss was $2,046. An employee made the restaurant`s nightly deposits on Wednesday and Thursday last week. Employee stole deposits.
Theft – All Other
A victim of Theft – All Other on Rock Island Rd, on 02/02/2023. The total estimated loss was $1,260. The Suspect exited the passenger side of a gray-colored SUV (possibly Nissan) and took a Stihl cut quick saw from the construction site while another unknown male sat in the vehicle’s driver seat. The vehicle fled the scene in an unknown direction on Rock Island Rd.
Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts
A victim of Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts on NW 62nd Avenue on 02/01/2023. The total estimated loss was $300. Ford F250 truck bed was stolen.
A victim of Theft – Motor Vehicle Parts on NW 61st Avenue on 01/31/2023. The total estimated loss was $1,200. A Catalytic Converter was stolen from the victim’s vehicle.
Robbery By Sudden Snatching
A victim of Robbery By Sudden Snatching on W Commercial Blvd/N State Road 7 on 02/01/2023. The total estimated loss was $710. Victim advised an unknown male stole her suitcase while she was getting on the bus. The male went into a dark sedan and drove away eastbound.
A victim of Fire at Swordfish Circle on 01/31/2023. The fire occurred in the child’s playpen. The child was not in the playpen at the time of the fire. No injuries have been reported at this time.
Garber, Ashton Stephen, 23, arrested on a charge of Warrant/Count: 1 Petit Theft >$100 <$750 Bond: $500 at NW 8th Street, on 02/01/2023.
Castillo, Victor, 18, was arrested on a Vehicle Theft-Grand Theft Of Motor Vehicle charge at NW 59 Steet on 02/01/2023.
Dodd, Mark Andrew, 34, was arrested on an Aggravated Battery Offender Knew Or Should Victim Pregnant charge on W Commercial Blvd, on 02/01/2023.
Malec, Christine B.,68, was arrested on a charge of Trespassing-Property Not Structure Or Convey at W Commercial Blvd, on 02/02/2023.
- A Coral Springs resident for over 30 years, Jim Donnelly has had a 40-year career as a photographer, videographer, and editor for South Florida affiliate news stations, along with CNN, ESPN, ABC Sports and News, NBC Sports and News, Fox News, and CBS. Donnelly has won several awards, including EMMY’s, for his team coverage. Currently, he owns Image Masters Photography and works as a Realtor.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Woman Selling Item on NextDoor Robbed At Gun Point
- NewsNovember 24, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: German Shepard Attacks Man and his Dog
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: $20K Stolen From Victim’s Vehicle
- NewsNovember 10, 2023Tamarac Crime Update: Ceramic Statues Stolen in Neighborhood