By: Sharon Aron Baron
Students from Tamarac Elementary recently visited the BankUnited branch in Tamarac where they participated in hands-on, interactive activities with executives to simulate various banking jobs.
Three dozen students rotated through four stations where activities included: adding checks on the adding machine and counting play money; filling out and validating deposit and withdrawal tickets; learning about safe deposit boxes and the bank’s vault; processing transactions as bank tellers; and opening new accounts.
BankUnited has partnered with KAPOW (Kids and the Power of Work), a national business/education partnership program designed to give elementary school children exposure to the business world. Prior to this worksite visit, BankUnited executives participated as in-class volunteers, teaching lessons on career awareness, workplace skills and personal finance.
BankUnited was recently honored for the second consecutive year with the Innovation in Financial Education Award presented by Nasdaq and EverFi. The award recognizes its significant efforts to improve the financial capability of young Americans.
BankUnited branch is located at 5819 North University Drive, Tamarac FL.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.14Global Response Hiring Over 1,000 Customer Service Reps at Job Fair
- Events2019.10.11Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac October 19
- Events2019.10.09BSO Holds Huge Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in Tamarac
- News2019.10.09Registration Open for the Popular Tamarac Turkey Trot