By: Sharon Aron Baron
Students from Tamarac Elementary recently visited the BankUnited branch in Tamarac where they participated in hands-on, interactive activities with executives to simulate various banking jobs.
Three dozen students rotated through four stations where activities included: adding checks on the adding machine and counting play money; filling out and validating deposit and withdrawal tickets; learning about safe deposit boxes and the bank’s vault; processing transactions as bank tellers; and opening new accounts.
BankUnited has partnered with KAPOW (Kids and the Power of Work), a national business/education partnership program designed to give elementary school children exposure to the business world. Prior to this worksite visit, BankUnited executives participated as in-class volunteers, teaching lessons on career awareness, workplace skills and personal finance.
BankUnited was recently honored for the second consecutive year with the Innovation in Financial Education Award presented by Nasdaq and EverFi. The award recognizes its significant efforts to improve the financial capability of young Americans.
BankUnited branch is located at 5819 North University Drive, Tamarac FL.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.12.03Home-Based Businesses Now Eligible to Apply for CARES Act
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science