By: Sharon Aron Baron
Members of the Tamarac Fire Rescue came to the rescue of a baby gosling who had spent two days unable to climb out of a canal, much to the distress of its parents.
Stuck in a canal behind the Wedgewood community, the high seawalls posed a problem for the gosling getting out, with his Egyptian Geese parents unable to help either.
According to resident Anna Cramer, “I saw my neighbors from across the street at the canal, so I came to see what they were doing and they told me they were trying to rescue the gosling for hours already. One of the geese would fly over to the canal and talk to the baby who then would start “talking” back but couldn’t get out and follow the parent because he doesn’t fly yet. it was clear as day he couldn’t get out because his family moved to another space away from this canal.”
She along with her neighbors tried to rescue him with a net for four hours on Saturday, then again that night with no success either. The mother or father goose checked on the baby, but just couldn’t get him out either. Anna called BSO and several other wildlife numbers, but could not find help until she called Tamarac Fire Rescue Station 41 who arrived within five minutes.
Anna said the men at Tamarac Fire Rescue got the gosling out within minutes with a net much like the ones that are used to clean a swimming pool.
“I want to acknowledge Manny and his team at Fire Station 41 for responding to what seemed like the tiniest problem – a little gosling who couldn’t get out of the canal for almost two days and rescuing him to reunite him with his family.”
Once they retrieved the gosling, they walked behind it to direct it a few feet away to where his family was at a nearby canal, and a joyful reunion was had with the geese and the other goslings.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13
- News2021.01.10Drive Carefully: School Zone Flashing Lights Inactive on Tuesday