By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac homeowner shot and killed a car burglar early Saturday morning.
Dispatch received a call about a burglary around 5:14 a.m. when Frank Johnston, 64, who was walking his dog around the 9500 block of N.W. 82 street saw Walder Saintelus, 22, breaking into his neighbors’ cars. Johnston went home and called police but when the suspect neared his home and attempted to burglarize his own car, he confronted him. There was an altercation between the two and the homeowner shot the suspect.
Saintelus of Tamarac, has been in trouble with the law before. In 2017, he was arrested on grand theft and dealing in stolen property where he agreed to a plea deal and received three years probation in October.
He was transported to Broward Health North. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Johnston was not arrested and the State Attorney’s office will determine whether he will face charges.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County