By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac homeowner shot and killed a car burglar early Saturday morning.
Dispatch received a call about a burglary around 5:14 a.m. when Frank Johnston, 64, who was walking his dog around the 9500 block of N.W. 82 street saw Walder Saintelus, 22, breaking into his neighbors’ cars. Johnston went home and called police but when the suspect neared his home and attempted to burglarize his own car, he confronted him. There was an altercation between the two and the homeowner shot the suspect.
Saintelus of Tamarac, has been in trouble with the law before. In 2017, he was arrested on grand theft and dealing in stolen property where he agreed to a plea deal and received three years probation in October.
He was transported to Broward Health North. He was pronounced dead at the hospital. Johnston was not arrested and the State Attorney’s office will determine whether he will face charges.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.25Burglar Who Poses at Deputy Breaks Into Tamarac Home
- Events2021.09.24BSO Holds Shred-A-Thon and Operation Medicine Cabinet in North Lauderdale
- News2021.09.23Joseph Britner Joins University Hospital and Medical Center as New Chief Operating Officer
- News2021.09.22Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Welcomes 2 New Businesses to Town