By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac Veteran’s Day Service was held on Monday featuring guest speaker Colonel Greg Julian, who is the Public Affairs Chief at U.S. Southern Command at U.S. Army.
Performing was the Taravella High School Concert Band. Veterans and residents were in attendance at the service.
The National Anthem was performed by Chantal Deshaies and the Invocation was given by Norman Blau, Veterans Affairs Committee Chair.
The City of Tamarac as well as the Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee hosts both the Veterans and Memorial Day Ceremonies each year. The Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee is comprised of local veterans who provide volunteer community services to veterans in need. Most of the volunteers belong to American Legion Post #265, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A., Post #519, the AMVETS Post #2, Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter #64, Marine Corps League-Tamarac Detachment 755, DAV Chapter #73 or American Ex-Prisoners of War-Broward/South Palm Beach Chapter.
The Committee Consists of Norman Blau, Chair; I. Shane Olshansky, Vice Chair; Harry Cohen; Dominic S. Gray; Robert Horwith; Bernard Jacobs; Hubert S. Klombers; Stanley Rosenzweig; Dr. Benjamin F. Stephenson; Sheldon Taylor.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County