By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac Veteran’s Day Service was held on Monday featuring guest speaker Colonel Greg Julian, who is the Public Affairs Chief at U.S. Southern Command at U.S. Army.
Performing was the Taravella High School Concert Band. Veterans and residents were in attendance at the service.
The National Anthem was performed by Chantal Deshaies and the Invocation was given by Norman Blau, Veterans Affairs Committee Chair.
The City of Tamarac as well as the Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee hosts both the Veterans and Memorial Day Ceremonies each year. The Tamarac Veterans Affairs Committee is comprised of local veterans who provide volunteer community services to veterans in need. Most of the volunteers belong to American Legion Post #265, Jewish War Veterans of the U.S.A., Post #519, the AMVETS Post #2, Military Order of the Purple Heart Chapter #64, Marine Corps League-Tamarac Detachment 755, DAV Chapter #73 or American Ex-Prisoners of War-Broward/South Palm Beach Chapter.
The Committee Consists of Norman Blau, Chair; I. Shane Olshansky, Vice Chair; Harry Cohen; Dominic S. Gray; Robert Horwith; Bernard Jacobs; Hubert S. Klombers; Stanley Rosenzweig; Dr. Benjamin F. Stephenson; Sheldon Taylor.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.09.19Coral Springs Center for the Arts Launches Comedy and Music October and November
- News2019.09.18Tamarac City Commissioners Voted to Approve Office Furnishings in Amended Budget
- News2019.09.18Broward County Schools Holds ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2019.09.17Students Can Earn Service Hours at 34th Annual International Coastal Cleanup