According to Forbes Magazine, Tamarac Florida has just been named one of the best 25 places to retire Please check out the article here: Forbes Magazine.
Forbes included the City of Tamarac to its recent list of the “25 Top Suburbs for Retirement.” The list was compiled by comparing cities that were within 25 miles of major cities and the cultural, sporting and other destinations and attractions they offer, as well as the cost of living, proximity to higher education and access to public transportation as key factors.
Tamarac, the only city in Florida to be named to Forbes’ list, was included for having an average home price under $200,000, a hospital within the cities’ boundaries, availability of mass transit, and “the famous Florida weather and no-income-tax environment.”
The writer mistakenly writes that we have no income-tax. What he meant to write was that we had no STATE income tax.
Mass transit? He used the right word when he said decent. It’s decent, if you like waiting for a Broward County Transit bus in the rain.
According to the City of Tamarac, “Tamarac offers amenities which attract people of all ages. In addition to one of the lowest crime rates in Broward County, some of the most affordable home prices, and one of the highest per-capita recycling rates in South Florida, the City offers social service programs and activities such as a popular senior program at the Community Center, a variety of sports leagues that fill our ball fields year-round, after-school programs, one of the only skate parks in the area, classes (from jewelry making to cartooning, and everything in between), a fitness and aquatic center and so much more. The Forbes’ designation compliments a previous honor Tamarac received; the City won the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ 2005 “Livable Cities for all Ages” competition in the “Small Communities” (populations 100,000 and Under) category.”
I’m glad to see Tamarac getting a little publicity and thrilled that it’s a great place to retire, however, our demographics are getting to be much younger and many people are moving here to take advantage of the affordable homes.
It is my hope to one day see Tamarac in Money Magazine’s Top 100 Places to Live.
Now that would be something worth bragging about.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat