By Ryan Yousefi
A man faces charges of felony burglary and battery against a pregnant victim stemming from an incident where he allegedly followed his ex-girlfriend to her residence, where he brutally beat and robbed her.
On November 5, a Broward Sheriff’s Office Deputy responded to a 911 call reporting a domestic incident and robbery involving a pregnant woman.
The victim, according to the report, told law enforcement she had just been assaulted and robbed by her ex-boyfriend, later identified as Dwaynie Anthony Pryce, 33, of Tamarac.
When BSO arrived on the scene, a visibly shaken and bruised victim described to deputies how she had left her residence around 1:00 a.m. in her vehicle, only to realize that Pryce was following her, attempting to evade him; she returned home and tried to return to her house but was immediately confronted by Pryce.
The victim told law enforcement that Pryce slapped her in the face multiple times, intentionally elbowed her in the stomach, knowing she was pregnant, took her keys, and robbed her of $150 cash, three cell phones, and her purse.
The victim, who is three months pregnant with Pryce’s child, told deputies he had lied about his name and age. She further revealed that she had already filed for a restraining order against Pryce due to previous death threats and controlling behavior.
Upon investigation, BSO worked together to positively identify Pryce, locate him, and, on November 24, successfully arrestedt him at 5570 NW 61st Place.
Pryce was transported to the Broward County Main Jail and released after posting a $30,000 bond.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education
- NewsFebruary 17, 20245th Annual Jazz Under the Stars Returns to Lauderhill on February 17