By Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac is gearing up for a grand celebration of its 60th Incorporation Anniversary on Wednesday, July 19, with a gala named “Tamarac Shines Bright Like A Diamond 60th Anniversary Bash“.
This significant milestone in the city’s history will be marked with numerous activities, including the acknowledgment of five influential community figures whose efforts have contributed to Tamarac’s growth and transformation into a bustling “City For Your Life.”
The free, public event will commence at 6:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center, 8601 W Commercial Blvd.
Attendees will have the chance to delve into the city’s history, enjoy live music from The Fabulons, and share a communal birthday cake.
A notable highlight of the anniversary celebration is the unveiling of a special piece of public art to mark the city’s 60 years. A digital artwork titled “One Love,” crafted by DJ Chery, was selected by the Tamarac City Commission for the occasion.
Chery’s design was chosen from five finalists in response to a call for local artists by the Tamarac Public Art Committee.
The lead-up to the 60th Anniversary Bash has been filled with several community activities hosted by the City of Tamarac. Starting in May with the One Tamarac Multicultural Festival, the pre-anniversary events included the Dive-in Movie in June, the annual All-American Celebration, and the Party Like It’s 1963 Seniors Program Dance.
These city-wide celebrations will wrap up on Saturday, September 23, with the Vintage Family Fun Day at Mainlands Park.
Pre-registration is required for all those wishing to join the 60th Anniversary Bash to RSVP through the Parks and Recreation Department at 954-597-3620.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Pedestrian Fatally Struck by Vehicle in Tamarac