By Sharon Aron Baron
On Wednesday morning, mayor Beth Flansbaum-Talabisco officially returned to her post to a standing ovation from friends and supporters at the Tamarac City Commission Meeting.
“You’re late for work!” Woodlands Resident Stan Sudler yelled from the back, too much laughter and applause.
Flansbaum-Talabisco was presiding over her first city commission meeting after being reinstated by Governor Rick Scott on Tuesday.
This was following charges later dismissed against her by Broward Circuit Court Judge Cynthia Imperato, who ruled there was no evidence that she received any personal benefit from the Chaits, a controversial father and son team of developers.
Coral Springs Mayor Roy Gold was in attendance, Commissioner Claudette Bruck, and representatives from Broward County Commissioner Stacy Ritter’s and State Senator Jeremy Ring’s office.
“I have been vindicated. The charges were baseless and have been dismissed,” said Flansbaum-Talabisco. ” Now it’s time to move forward. I can say with a full heart there’s no place I’d rather be than on this dais with all of you.”
Seats are now shuffled as acting Mayor Pamela Bushnell, who filled in for the past year, was thanked for her outstanding job and took her prior position back as commissioner of District One. At the same time, Marion Swenson will no longer be commissioner. Photos were changed in the commission chambers to reflect the reinstatement. Even the agenda was quickly changed to have Mayor Beth Talabisco’s name written on top.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County