Video of the Candidate Forum by Tamarac Talk
By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Tamarac mayoral candidates held their first forum hosted by the Men’s Club and Women’s Auxiliary at Kings Point last week.
Open to any resident who reserved a seat in time, the event included a free luncheon by Ferro’s Pizza paid for by candidates: Michelle J. Gomez, Gerald Heller and Elvin Villalobos.
During the forum moderated by Veterans Club President Gilbert Quiles, candidates were asked to introduce themselves, talk a little about their backgrounds, and then audience members asked the questions.
Residents concerns included future building near or on Kings Point property – namely the proposed charter school in 2015 at the Tamarac Sports Complex and most recently, a fire station on their property. All three candidates gave their word that would not happen again.
One resident wanted to make sure all candidates would be accessible to residents via social media. She remarked that Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine and Tamarac Commissioner Marlon Bolton kept residents informed on Facebook after she lost power for three days after Hurricane Irma and she wanted to make sure the person who was elected would text back, as well as send out timely communications.
A resident wanted to know what would move into the empty storefronts like the Winn-Dixie (nothing yet), and what their first priority would be once elected.
You can learn more about the mayoral candidates on Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament