Video of the Candidate Forum by Tamarac Talk
By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Tamarac mayoral candidates held their first forum hosted by the Men’s Club and Women’s Auxiliary at Kings Point last week.
Open to any resident who reserved a seat in time, the event included a free luncheon by Ferro’s Pizza paid for by candidates: Michelle J. Gomez, Gerald Heller and Elvin Villalobos.
During the forum moderated by Veterans Club President Gilbert Quiles, candidates were asked to introduce themselves, talk a little about their backgrounds, and then audience members asked the questions.
Residents concerns included future building near or on Kings Point property – namely the proposed charter school in 2015 at the Tamarac Sports Complex and most recently, a fire station on their property. All three candidates gave their word that would not happen again.
One resident wanted to make sure all candidates would be accessible to residents via social media. She remarked that Broward County Commissioner Michael Udine and Tamarac Commissioner Marlon Bolton kept residents informed on Facebook after she lost power for three days after Hurricane Irma and she wanted to make sure the person who was elected would text back, as well as send out timely communications.
A resident wanted to know what would move into the empty storefronts like the Winn-Dixie (nothing yet), and what their first priority would be once elected.
You can learn more about the mayoral candidates on Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’