By: Sharon Aron Baron
Get ready for more space in the garage because this month residents can safely dispose of all types of household hazardous materials that they’ve been meaning throw out, but haven’t had the chance.
The cities of Tamarac, Coral Springs, Coconut Creek, Fort Lauderdale and Pompano Beach have established a cooperative agreement that will allow residents several opportunities to dispose of the full range of these materials at special one-day events throughout the year.
On Saturday, October 6, 2018, from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., residents may drop off these items: Aerosol products, Ammonia, Ammunition, Antifreeze, Auto fluids, Auto batteries, Boat batteries, Boat fluids, Charcoal starter, Compact fluorescent lamps (CFLs), Drain cleaners, Fertilizer, Fire extinguishers, Fireworks, Flares, Fluorescent tubes, Gasoline, Herbicides, Household cleansers, Insecticide, Kerosene, Lawn chemicals, Lighter fluid, Mercury thermometers, Motor oil, Nail polish & remover, Paint, Pesticides, Photo chemicals, Pool chemicals, Propane tanks, Rechargeable batteries, Rust remover, Solvents, Spot remover, Tires (limit 4), Turpentine, Weed killer, Wood stain and Wood stripper.
Also included are: answering machines, computer cables, cell phones, computers (including laptops), copiers, DVD and VCR players, fax machines, flash and hard drives, keyboards/mice, monitors, pagers, print cartridges, printers, radios, routers, satellite/cable boxes, scanners, speakers/stereos, telephones, televisions and wires.
The following are not accepted: business and government generated waste, explosives, bio-hazardous waste, microwaves and appliances.
This month’s location is at the City of Coral Springs at 4181 NW 121st Avenue. You will not need to leave your car. Just drive through, show a valid driver’s license from one of the participating cities above, and workers will remove the items from your car.
Remember, you may not drop off items at Broward County’s Hazardous Waste Disposal.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13