By: Sharon Aron Baron
Five children have given statements that a volunteer at a Coral Springs gym touched them inappropriately and police believe there are more victims.
On September 26, detectives from the Coral Springs Police Department, arrested Leonardo Antonio Suarez Alvarez, 52, of Tamarac, on five counts of lewd lascivious molestation on a minor.
There were multiple female victims between the ages of seven to ten. The victims attended Twins Gymnasium located at 1297 University Drive in Coral Springs where he was a volunteer. The most recent incident took place on September 25, 2018 and date back as far as two years ago.
One 10-year-old victim told police that the owner of the gym, Ms. Maria, Suarez Alvarez was touching her inappropriately. Ms. Maria, who is the sister of Suarez Alvarez, said she would talk to him and tell him to stop. But he did not stop. The victim attended the gym five days a week, and said Suarez Alvarez continued touching her on her chest near the cubbies/bathroom section despite her protests.
A seven-year-old victim told police that the most recent incident of molestation occurred the week prior to the start of school and all occurred both inside and outside the building.
Five victim’s statements substantiated the suspect’s mode of operation was the same with each victim: that he intentionally touched breasts, genitals, genital area or buttock or clothing covering them in a lewd or lascivious manner.
Suarez Alvarez is being held in jail with no bond.
Due to the possibility that other victims may exist, the public is asked to contact Special Victims Unit Detective Hallman with any relevant information at 954- 346-1343.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.21The Window for School Choice Applications Shuts February 8
- News2021.01.21No Serious Injuries After Single-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2021.01.21State COVID-19 Vaccine Appointment Scheduling System Now Up in Broward County
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree