By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally safe alternative for the disposal of used Christmas trees by using them as mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects, and not only does it provide a safe alternative for the disposal of used trees, but it also gives them a second life.
Tamarac residents can bring their Christmas tree to the Public Services Complex, 6011 Nob Hill Rd., for recycling during regular business hours through Friday, January 17, 2020, They will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects. Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on regular bulk garbage pick up days. Live trees must be free of all decorations.
Residents in condos may want to take advantage of the quarterly bulk collection that’s scheduled for January 1. Please coordinate with your condo association regarding where to place trees for collection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes