By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally safe alternative for the disposal of used Christmas trees by using them as mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects, and not only does it provide a safe alternative for the disposal of used trees, but it also gives them a second life.
Tamarac residents can bring their Christmas tree to the Public Services Complex, 6011 Nob Hill Rd., for recycling during regular business hours through Friday, January 17, 2020, They will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects. Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on regular bulk garbage pick up days. Live trees must be free of all decorations.
Residents in condos may want to take advantage of the quarterly bulk collection that’s scheduled for January 1. Please coordinate with your condo association regarding where to place trees for collection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire
- News2021.01.11Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Free Food Distribution January 13