By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Tamarac wants to provide an environmentally safe alternative for the disposal of used Christmas trees by using them as mulch and wood chips.
The trees will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects, and not only does it provide a safe alternative for the disposal of used trees, but it also gives them a second life.
Tamarac residents can bring their Christmas tree to the Public Services Complex, 6011 Nob Hill Rd., for recycling during regular business hours through Friday, January 17, 2020, They will be chipped and used for city landscaping projects. Christmas trees may also be placed for curbside collection on regular bulk garbage pick up days. Live trees must be free of all decorations.
Residents in condos may want to take advantage of the quarterly bulk collection that’s scheduled for January 1. Please coordinate with your condo association regarding where to place trees for collection.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.01.24Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 1
- News2020.01.23Tamarac Woman Dies After Single-Vehicle Accident in Coral Springs
- News2020.01.23Broward County Offering Express Service from BB&T Center to Miami International Airport
- News2020.01.21J.P. Taravella Drama Holding Semiannual Garage Sale