On Friday, members of the Tamarac Citizen Observer Patrol (COP) volunteer program attended the Florida Citizen Patrol Conference.
Held in North Miami Beach, this all-day annual conference, which was not open to the general public, featured keynote speaker U.S. Marshal William Berger. Residents in attendance were part of the Woodlands COP Patrol team, coordinated Karen Long.
Also in attendance were Carl Fitzgerald and Brad Miller, Coordinating Deputies for the COP program for Tamarac.
Participants of the event listened to presentations and learned important information to help build better patrol teams. Awards also went out to “Best in Show Patrol Cars” “Best in Show Uniforms” along with “Furthest Driven Patrol Car.” Did you know that Southwest Ranches has a “Mounted” COP Patrol that ride on horses and wear western-styled hats?
Want to Get Involved in Your Neighborhood?
BSO’s COP Program is a volunteer group sponsored by the Sheriff’s Office that uses a simple approach to safeguarding neighborhoods through residents’ involvement. COP volunteers are local residents who help BSO fight crime by patrolling their community, looking out for suspicious activity or potential hazards and offering assistance to local residents. BSO provides the vehicle and training.
If you would like to set up a group in your neighborhood, or train to be a volunteer, please contact Deputy Carl Fitzgerald at Carl_Fitzgerald@sheriff.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.03Bite into Bliss and Empower Young Women: Get Your Boxes of Girl Scout Cookies Today
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition