By: Sharon Aron Baron
Thanks to tips from the public, the tattooed man who robbed a victim at a Tamarac ATM has been arrested.
On January 29, we wrote a story and published a video about a victim who was at the Bank of America parking lot at 3883 W. Commercial Blvd and walked to the ATM. When he got back to his car, Elliot Watson, 30, approached him and demanded his property. They struggled for a moment, but Watson was able to get away with the victim’s cellphone and several bank cards.
Later that same day, Watson used the stolen cards at the Foot Locker located at 3650 West Broward Blvd. in Ft. Lauderdale. He made two transactions totaling more than $900. He attempted to use the victim’s credit card at J & L Liquors located at 3875 N.W. 19th Street in Lauderdale Lakes, but the card was declined.
After the Broward Sheriff’s Office released information, two Broward Crime Stoppers’ tips identified Watson as the suspect. Detectives arrested Watson on February 26 and he now faces charges of grand theft, robbery and fraud and is held on a $35,000 bond.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.21Meet Allie: She’s at Broward County Animal Care Seeking her Forever Family
- News2019.11.20University Hospital & Medical Center Names New CEO
- News2019.11.19Broward County School Board Appoints New Chair; Vice Chair
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2