By: Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac Elementary pre-K teacher who is battling cancer selflessly celebrated Teacher Appreciation Week by delivering supplies to her quarantined students on Tuesday.
Jennifer Passino, who resides in Tamarac, recently completed her final round of chemotherapy. She led a festive car caravan, surprising students with much-needed supplies thanks to a Broward Education Foundation and Office Depot COVID-19 Virtual Learning Teacher Supply Drive grant.
Instead of utilizing the funds to purchase remote-learning tools for her virtual classroom, this generous Broward County Public Schools teacher, as well as her colleagues, took the time to help her special students during this challenging time.
Now, when she teaches a virtual class, the children will have all the essential supplies to create interactive craft projects together.
Although she is immunocompromised, Jennifer isn’t worried about making deliveries.
“Not at all,” she said. “I will wear a mask and can’t wait to see all my kiddo’s faces.”
To contribute, visit teachersupplydrive.com.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.19Make-A-Wish Surprises Tamarac Teen with Exclusive Shopping Spree
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments