By Jill Fox
Three Tamarac residents were awarded honors medallions from Florida State University during a virtual ceremony on April 30.
In the university’s largest class to date, they awarded degrees to nearly 7,000 graduates and 383 high-achieving medallions.
Ancy Jose Varghese, Humanities, received University Honors. He earned at least 18 honors points in fulfillment of the general honors program requirements.
Felicia Reich, International Affairs, University Honors. She earned at least 18 honors points in fulfillment of the general honors program requirements.
Alysia Treacy, Anthropology, University Honors. She earned at least 18 honors points in fulfillment of the general honors program requirements.
Other area recipients:
Atalya Santos, digital media production, Honors in their major
Dylan Spears, communication science and disorders, Honors in their major
Samantha Cacurak, criminology, University Honors Program
Michael Campanella, physics, Dual Honors
Shayna Cohen, economics, University Honors Program
Giana SanGiovanni, marketing, University Honors Program
Joshua Eloi, Finance, University Honors Program
Phoebe Scheidegger, Art History, University Honors Program
“By earning an honors medallion, you have already demonstrated a desire to challenge yourself and a motivation to succeed,” FSU President John Thrasher told honorees. “These values will serve you well — both in the workplace and in life.”
Got News? Send a message to Tamarac Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She is currently a Senior Account Director at Lon Haber & Co. Fox worked at NBC Miami for eight years after graduating from the University of Miami. She lives in Parkland with her husband, Brian and two children.
- News2020.07.14If COVID-19 Numbers Don’t Improve, Superintendent Runcie Recommends Online Learning
- News2020.07.12Nominate Someone for the 2020 Broward Education Foundation Hall of Fame
- News2020.06.23Bus Drivers Needed for 2020-2021 School Year
- News2020.05.31Countywide Curfew Issued Due to Ongoing Civil Unrest