By Sharon Aron Baron
A Tamarac woman was arrested after stabbing a victim in his abdomen and arm.
Amanda Lynn Saugrich, 28, of the 7900 block of NW 69th Ave, was charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and violation of probation after an altercation with the victim at her residence.
According to police, Saugrich, who is on felony supervised release status for a fraud credit card case, invited the victim over to her residence when an argument ensued.
Saugrich told the victim to obtain his personal belongings and leave the residence. While the victim was attempting to remove his things, Saugrich was leaning on the kitchen counter, concealing her right arm behind her back.
According to the police report, she pulled her right arm from behind her back and lunged at the victim while screaming, “I am protected by the stand your ground law.” In her right hand was a black pocketknife which she used to stab the victim in his abdomen, causing a minor laceration.
The victim started to walk backward, telling Saugrich he was leaving; however, she was still following him and pointed the knife in the victim’s direction, causing a large, deep wound, according to the police report.
Tamarac Fire Rescue to North Broward Hospital for his injuries, including a detached bicep.
Saugrich was transported to a hospital for medical clearance before being taken into custody and released on a $3,000 bond. It is unclear at this time if the victim will prosecute.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family