By Agrippina Fadel
Qualified residents can get assistance preparing their tax returns for free, with in-person and online appointments available.
The Broward Tax Pro, formerly known as Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, and Hispanic Unity of Florida help families and individuals with an annual household income of less than $66,000 to prepare their taxes free of charge.
Participating certified tax professionals speak English, Spanish and Haitian Creole.
In-person appointments are available at the Tamarac Recreation Center on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 6 to 8 p.m. and on Saturdays from 1 to 4 p.m. between January 25 and April 16.
Taxpayers must bring all the documents, identification, social security card, and W-2 forms.
Only those unable to use a computer are invited to file in person. File online and learn more about the program on the Hispanic Unity of Florida site. For more information, call 954-597-3642.
According to Broward Tax Pro, over 2,000 county taxpayers took advantage of the program last year, saving close to $600,000 in tax preparation fees.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.06.06Capital Tacos Holds Grand Opening of Tamarac Location
- News2023.06.05Strike for a Cause by Joining the 6th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament in Tamarac
- News2023.06.05Get Your Groove On During Free Jazzercise Class with the Mayor
- News2023.06.04Ticket Alert: Don’t Miss Biana Pinchuk and Don Stansfield Double Show in Tamarac