By: Matt Rothman
Seniors are Kevin Nunes, Lucas Rosada, Vance Reuthers, Nico Moreno, Martin Chiabrera, Julian Wilson, and Christian Diaz.
Nunes was named the team captain at the beginning of the year and has started in every game. Rosada and Moreno are two of the team’s hardest workers and come prepared to play hard.
Reuthers and Wilson have battled injuries throughout the year but continue to support the team this year, while Martin Chiabrera scored a goal against Dillard in the team’s 7-0 win on January 12.
“All these seniors have done wonders for me as a first-year head coach trying to build a program,” said Terrence McCorvey. “Their work ethic and tone that they have set for each other has set a standard for what it means to be a Trojan.”
The Trojans previously beat South Plantation High School 4-1 on Tuesday as JPT had three of their four goals come from juniors in Zachary Zub, Kenan Malme, and Felipe Orzco. Rosado was the lone senior to score on the team’s 4-1 win over South Plantation High School.
JPT heads into their final game of the regular season with a 7-9-3 record at home on Friday, then Plantation High School on January 21, at 7 p.m., before starting the District Playoffs in February.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.01.31J.P. Taravella Girls Soccer Advances to District Championship Game
- News2023.01.263 J.P. Taravella High School Teams Win on Senior Night
- News2023.01.14Seniors Continue to Lead J.P. Taravella Boys and Girls Soccer Teams
- News2023.01.08J.P. Taravella Baseball Star Anthony Quigley Makes College Pick