The Florida Department of Education released preliminary school grades based on standardized test scores which includes most elementary, middle and charter schools.
High school scores are not in as of press time.
Below are the rankings of schools in the area that Tamarac residents attend. These include schools in North Lauderdale that are within the boundaries of our communities.
Out of nine elementary schools, only two schools made an A. Those were two charter schools: North Broward Academy of Excellence and Renaissance Charter School K-8. No Broward County Public elementary schools achieved an A score. Challenger Elementary’s score went down last year from an A to a B this year.
Out of the two public middle schools, only one made an A; Millennium Middle School who increased their ranking from a B to an A this year. Both North Broward Academy of Excellence Middle School and Renaissance Charter School K-8 earned an A up from a B and a C.
The good news is this will be the last year that schools will be calculated based on FCAT scores. In the future, Common Core standards will replace it.
Below are the names of schools with their 2014 grade followed by their 2013 grade
Broadview Elementary School C/B
Challenger Elementary School B/A
Pinewood Elementary School D/D
Tamarac Elementary School B/C
Millennium Middle School A/B
SilverLakes Middle School C/C
Charter School of Excellence Tamarac 1 B/C
Charter School of Excellence Tamarac 2 C/D
Excelsior Charter School C/B
North Broward Academy of Excellence A/B
North Broward Academy of Excellence Middle School A/B
Renaissance Charter School K-8 A/C
Pivot Charter School – Pending
High School scores are pending
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club