By Ryan Yousefi
A Lauderhill eatery was ordered to shut its doors after a health inspection unveiled the restaurant was infested with roaches.
The Pup Tent, located at 1345 Northwest 40th Avenue, was recently ordered to shut down following a recent health inspection triggered by a customer complaint.
According to an inspection report filed by the Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation, the restaurant’s premises were reviewed on January 4. Its inspection revealed a total of four critical health violations.
The most concerning of the inspectors’ findings was the presence of roaches in the kitchen. Inspectors reported dead roaches in the cabinet housing the CO2 tank beside the refrigerator, near food.
Dead roaches were also found in the cabinet below the microwave. The report indicates that the discovery of live roaches behind the microwave oven was more alarming, signaling an active infestation.
In addition to the roach problem, inspectors noted a general lack of cleanliness throughout the kitchen. The report detailed a significant buildup of grease and debris in various areas, indicating poor maintenance and cleaning practices.
The Pup Tent was also found to be operating the store with an expired Division of Hotels and Restaurants license.
The health department has not provided a timeline for when the restaurant might be allowed to reopen. Pup Tent must address all cited violations and pass a follow-up inspection before resuming operations.
- Ryan Yousefi has lived in Coral Springs for over 30 years. He has worked as a writer for multiples outlets over the years, including the Miami New Times where he has covered sports and culture since 2013. He holds a Bachelor's Degree and a Master's Degree in Business Healthcare Management from Western Governors University.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024From Prison to Prayer: Dr. Yehudah Pryce’s Path to Spirituality and Judaism
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Chamber Invites Local Businesses to Kings Point Expo on February 26
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024Broward Sheriff’s Office to Host Gun Safety Class Geared Toward Child Firearm Education
- NewsFebruary 17, 20245th Annual Jazz Under the Stars Returns to Lauderhill on February 17