By Sharon Aron Baron
Better Together, a nonprofit organization is collaborating with New Springs Church to host a community job fair to connect job seekers with local employers while providing helpful resources for securing employment.
Held in Coral Springs on Tuesday, June 20, from 10 a.m. to noon, the job fair is part of Better Together’s “Better Jobs” program, which has aided 39,000 job applicants in securing work across 22 states and the District of Columbia.
According to the organizers, these job fairs result in two-thirds of attendees getting an interview and one in four receiving an on-the-spot job offer. A substantial 70% of participants find work within six weeks.
Better Together CEO, Megan Rose, highlighted the unique approach of this event, saying, “This is not your typical job fair. Job seekers can come as they are; no suits [are] required. Encouraging volunteers can help with resumes. We know the challenges that many face when they are seeking employment and are ready with solutions.”
The fair will take place at New Springs Church on 11464 W. Sample Road in Coral Springs. Both job seekers and employers can register for the event on the BetterTogetherUS website.
Better Together primarily assists families in crisis, aiming to prevent foster care placements and address economic hardship. Their “Better Jobs” program is an essential component, responding to the 76% of families who seek assistance due to unemployment-related financial difficulty.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications