By Sharon Aron Baron
Commercial real estate brokerage firm Marcus & Millichap, Inc. announced the acquisition of University Commons in Tamarac on Wednesday.
The retail property at 6702 N University Dr encompasses 80,224 square feet and was purchased for $14,765,000.
Nestled at the junction of University Drive and West McNab Road, the shopping plaza’s key attraction is Quince Supermarket and CVS Pharmacy. Also included are Dunkin’ Donuts, Quest Diagnostics, and Tire Choice.
“It occupies a strategic location in the bustling heart of Broward County,” said Kirk Olson, Senior Vice President. According to him, the area registers traffic counts surpassing 80,000 vehicles daily.
“Spreading over seven acres, this shopping center has been witnessing the remarkable success of Quince Supermarket since its inauguration in 2020. An encouraging 75% of the remaining tenants have been successfully operating for over five years. The forthcoming introduction of a 9,000-square-foot tenant, YOLO BBQ, promises to augment the footfall even further.”
Marketing University Commons was Drew A. Kristol, Executive Managing Director, and Kirk D. Olson, Senior Vice President of Marcus & Millchap, Inc.
The seller was a Miami-based private investment group, and the buyer was a New York-based private investor.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes