By Bryan Boggiano
Those with dreams of working in healthcare, mark your calendars. University Hospital and Medical Center in Tamarac is hosting a hiring event.
Held on May 13 from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m., University Hospital is looking for a diverse array of employees to join their team, including registered nurses, patient care technicians, certified nurse assistants, patient safety attendants and mental health technicians. They seek experienced applicants and entry-level ones, as well.
New graduates are welcomed and encouraged to apply.
There are financial incentives for new employees. The medical center offers up to $20,000 in sign-on bonuses for nurses with at least one year of experience. Certified nurse assistants with experience can receive up to $2,000 in sign-on bonuses.
A career with University Hospital comes with several benefits. For recent grads or those in school, they offer tuition reimbursement and student loan assistance. For families, they offer paid family leave.
University Hospital offers medical benefits, 401k matching, certification assistance and time away from work programs.
To apply for the hiring event, go to the event page and click register. Applicants should bring a resume and wear professional clothing. Medical scrubs are welcome, too.
For 47 years, University Hospital and Medical Center offered various healthcare, surgical and medical procedures and academic training in behavioral health.
With over 300 hospital beds, some of their services include their Orthopedic and Spine Institute, Center for Behavioral Health, Wound Healing Center and Vascular Services, Primary Stroke Center, Women’s Center and their newly renovated, family-friendly emergency room.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- A University of Florida journalism graduate, Bryan plans to pursue geosciences at Florida International University for his master's. He has a strong interest in weather, entertainment, and journalism.
- News2022.11.01‘Biz Art In the Park’ Returns to North Lauderdale Nov. 12
- News2022.10.21‘Biz Art In the Park’ Returns to North Lauderdale Nov. 12
- News2022.10.05Candidate Rep. Dan Daley Discusses Issues Ahead of State House District 96 Election
- News2022.10.02Candidate Jenna Hague Discusses Issues Ahead of State House District 96 Election