By: Sharon Aron Baron
With a demonstrated track record of improving employee and physician engagement, achieving growth, and managing capital improvements, University Hospital & Medical Center has named Ben Harris as their Chief Executive Officer.
Harris brings a wealth of experience in both hospital service line development and operations. He has held leadership positions with University Hospital’s parent company, HCA Healthcare, for the past eight years, recently serving as the Chief Operating Officer at Medical City Las Colinas in Irving, Texas.
Before that, he served as the Vice President of Business Development for Medical City Plano and in several leadership roles within government affairs and pharmaceuticals.
HCA East Florida Division President Charles Gressle said they were thrilled to have Ben join the team at University Hospital & Medical Center as part of their executive team.
“His administrative leadership and expertise will help to continue the growth of services for the community.”
Harris received his Bachelor of Arts in Government from the University of Texas and a Master of Business Administration from Dallas Baptist University. Along with his extensive experience working in the healthcare industry, Harris served on the Plano Texas City Council for eight years.
A Parkland resident, Harris and his wife Abby live with their two children, Lainey, 11, and Walker, 9.
University Hospital and Medical Center is located at 7201 N University Dr, Tamarac.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.01.19Mayor Gomez Reselected to National League of Cities Fed Advocacy Committee
- News2022.01.14Man Loses 83 Pounds After Bariatric Surgery
- News2022.01.05Pets of the Week: Prince, Mia and Nami Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2022.01.03Tamarac Offering Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal