By: Sharon Aron Baron
With over 600 names currently displayed on the recently unveiled Wall of Honor, the Tamarac Historical Society said they are still looking for more names to be included on an additional panel.
That glass work created by artist Zachary Knudson, the monument encircles the existing eternal flame sculpture at Veteran’s Park and is illuminated at night.
According to Historical Society Vice President Joel Davidson at last week’s commission meeting, “It’s not a project that has been completed – it’s an ongoing project.”
Davidson said they already have 30 additional names for a seventh panel, and are looking for more. The criteria to be included is: the Veteran’s name, branch of service, rank at discharge and the number of years that they served. The Veteran can be either alive or deceased.
Davidson said he hopes to have panel seven up for this next Veteran’s Day or Memorial Day of 2017.
To submit yours, or a loved ones, call 954-597-3629 or email email@example.com.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes