By: Sharon Aron Baron
Those writers at Buzzfeed are cool, hip and probably all young millennials. They work at these awesome offices in New York City and are most likely all college graduates too. Hell, they’re getting paid, so they are way further along the food chain than my blogs are, however, from what I can tell, they aren’t using too much of what they learned by producing garbage like this: “15 Instagram Accounts That Will Make You Want To Move To Edinburgh Immediately”
What is this crap?
And why are my Facebook friends reading it?
Buzzfeed says that they are the “leading media company for the social age, intensely focused on delivering high-quality original reporting. OK, I read the original reporting part…you can’t get more original than “Why Gay Men Still Love “The Golden Girls.”
The worst part are those useless quizzes that they churn out. Yeah, I used to take these back when I read those old-fashioned magazines. But what was great back in the old days is the whole world didn’t have to know “Which Golden Girl Are You?”
Here are some other winners from the kids at Buzzfeed:
- Which ’00s Indie Band Are You?
- Which Kylie Minogue Are You?
- What Animated Dog Are You?
- What Dinosaur Are You?
- Which Grimms’ Fairy Tale Princess Are You?
- Which Ousted Arab Spring Ruler Are You?
- What Kind Of Cookie Are You?
- What Bagel Are You?
I’ll admit it, I have friends that are sharing these on Facebook right now, and they seem amazed at the results – as if the writers at Buzzfeed scientifically matched them with the right kind of cookie that fit their particular personality.
Buzzfeed writers I’m sure you’re really proud of yourselves. You better hang on to those jobs, because Time Magazine isn’t a-calling.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications