By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman was killed when her vehicle struck a guardrail, landing in a canal early Sunday morning in Tamarac.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigation detectives report that a 2013 Honda Civic driven by Jessica R. Benoit, 22, of Miramar was driving east on the 4500 block of Commercial Boulevard across from the Publix Sunshine Plaza when it struck the curb and guardrail before going airborne and landing in a canal.
BSO deputies and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene pulling Benoit from the vehicle and administering life-saving procedures. She was then airlifted to Broward Health Medical Center where she later died.
The investigation into the crash continues. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact BSO THI Detective Donnard Huneke at 954-321-4842.
Loved ones have set up a GoFundMe Page to help raise funds for her funeral costs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.29COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 28
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27