By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman was killed when her vehicle struck a guardrail, landing in a canal early Sunday morning in Tamarac.
At approximately 5:30 a.m., Broward Sheriff’s Office Traffic Homicide Investigation detectives report that a 2013 Honda Civic driven by Jessica R. Benoit, 22, of Miramar was driving east on the 4500 block of Commercial Boulevard across from the Publix Sunshine Plaza when it struck the curb and guardrail before going airborne and landing in a canal.
BSO deputies and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene pulling Benoit from the vehicle and administering life-saving procedures. She was then airlifted to Broward Health Medical Center where she later died.
The investigation into the crash continues. Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact BSO THI Detective Donnard Huneke at 954-321-4842.
Loved ones have set up a GoFundMe Page to help raise funds for her funeral costs.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.3023-Year-Old Man Fatally Shot in North Lauderdale; Broward Sheriff’s Office Homicide Unit Investigating
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale