By Sharon Aron Baron
A woman was lucky to escape unharmed after an armed robber stole a necklace from her and then fired shots at her when she attempted to follow him.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office Robbery Unit stated the incident occurred around 6 p.m. on Sunday, July 2, at the RaceTrac gas station at 4697 N. State Road 7.
The surveillance video first shows the suspect making a purchase inside the store before heading out to his parked car in front of a gas pump.
Shortly after, the victim arrived at the pump directly behind the suspect. The surveillance footage reveals the suspect approaching the victim, where he then allegedly threatened her with a gun and ordered her to empty her pockets. Instead, he abruptly snatched the chain from around her neck, swiftly got back into his car, and sped off toward a nearby neighborhood where the victim followed him.
Another surveillance camera in the neighborhood captured the event’s continuation, showing the suspect firing multiple rounds at the victim in her car before escaping the scene.
Miraculously, neither the victim nor her vehicle was hit by any gunfire.
The Broward Sheriff’s Office now seeks assistance identifying and locating the suspect. They have encouraged anyone with information about the incident or who can help identify the subject to contact BSO Robbery Detective Armando Enrique at 954-321-4233 or use the SaferWatch App to submit a tip.
Furthermore, individuals wishing to provide information but prefer to remain anonymous can contact Broward Crime Stoppers. Tips can be submitted via phone at 954-493-TIPS (8477), online at browardcrimestoppers.org, or by dialing **TIPS (8477).
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes