Whether you are a Democrat or a Republican, every woman should be outraged when they see this campaign ad by candidate Ozzy deFaria.
deFaria, a Republican congressional candidate from Weston, photo-shopped a dog collar around Congresswoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz’s neck for one of his advertisements before stating on the video below that she “needed to be sent back to the pound.”
Running in the congressional race for the 20th district, ads such as these aren’t going to win him over with the women in his district. He may think this shock-value remark about the pound will give his campaign a boost, but in reality it is a sheer lack of character on his part that could be used by the Democrat Party to paint all Republicans as “extremists” and “sexists” who are unfit to represent Americans in the U.S. Congress.
As the father of six children deFaria, should be ashamed to use these types of campaign tactics for votes. Karen Harrington, currently the Republican frontrunner says, “There is no place for this in the Republican party, and there’s no place for this in politics. America deserves better.”
The 20th Congressional District includes: Weston, Plantation, Davie, Sunrise, Dania Beach, Aventura, Wilton Manors, Tamarac, Hallandale Beach, Cooper City, Hollywood, Oakland Park, Southwest Ranches and Pembroke Pines.
Thank you to the Shark-Tank.Net for contributing to this story
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.10.04Detectives Ask For Public’s Help Locating Missing 12-Year-Old
- News2022.10.04J.P. Taravella Drama Presents “Radium Girls” Oct. 6 and 8
- News2022.10.04Just Between Friends Consignment Event Returns October 6-9 in Coral Springs
- News2022.09.27City of Tamarac Updates Residents on Hurricane Ian