Take a few yogurt-loving kids, add a bit of summer boredom and a microphone and you have an instant “Kid’s Party” at Menchies at Midway Plaza each Friday night.
Owner Suzanne Strump has been hosting Karaoke nights on Friday nights this summer and each week more children attend.
Strump hires DJ Danny to play music and kid’s have the opportunity to sing their favorite songs. There are also games the children can play to earn prizes. One is passing a hula-hoop: Children form a circle and have to pass the hula hoop between them without letting go of each other’s hands. The child that has the hoop when the music stops, is out.
Besides games, the DJ also gets the kids dancing as well, so parents don’t have to worry about those extra toppings on their yogurt.
A few parents said that their children were so excited about the next Friday night at Menchies, that they practice their favorite songs during the week.
“It is definitely producing great feedback from guests, kids enjoy themselves and adults too.” Strump said.Menchies Midway Plaza 5729 North University Drive
TAMARAC, FL 33321-4635
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- Events2019.08.08Try Vegan Food at the Next EarthSave Event in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2019.08.06Man Blows Past Security with Two Stolen Leaf Blowers
- Crime & Safety2019.08.05Broward Sheriff’s Office Holds ‘National Night Out’ in Tamarac
- News2019.08.05Flags at Half-Staff to Honor Shooting Victims in El Paso and Dayton