An 18-year-old suspect was arrested in the Westwood neighborhood in Tamarac on Friday accused of taking photos inside of victim’s windows at night.
According to Broward Sheriff’s Tamarac District Captain Neal Glassman, there were more than four incidents near the suspect’s home in the Westwood community, however, several victims did not want to press charges.
One of the incidents occurred on February 6, when the suspect entered the victim’s attached rear screened patio on the 7100 block of NW 100 Terrace, without her knowledge or consent and attempted to disable the motion detector sensor by knocking if off the wall. The victim was home inside at the time.
After several such incidents, a BSO officer was performing surveillance on February 10, in the area and observed the suspect who lives on the 10100 block of NW 71st Place. According to the police report, after watching him ride his bicycle to his home around 10:30 p.m., the suspect walked to a nearby residence, hid in the bushes, and placed his right hand on the lower corner of the window while attempting to gain access into the home by forcing the window open.
The suspect was unsuccessful opening the window, and that is when the officer observed him lift his cellphone up in his left hand, appearing to take a video or picture of the inside of the residence. He walked around in front of the home and then came back attempting to open it again. He then walked off the property and began walking west towards his home.
The officer made contact with him and asked him for identification. The suspect, Brian Munez Camacho, 18, said that he spoke little English. The officer placed him into custody and a search was conducted and a baggy with marijuana and paraphernalia was found inside his clothing.
In an interview, Munez Comacho confessed to being at the first victim’s house to commit voyeurism. He was charged with burglary, a sex offense including video voyeurism and possession. He is now free on bond.
If you have any information regarding this case, please contact BSO.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.01.19Mayor Gomez Reselected to National League of Cities Fed Advocacy Committee
- News2022.01.14Man Loses 83 Pounds After Bariatric Surgery
- News2022.01.05Pets of the Week: Prince, Mia and Nami Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2022.01.03Tamarac Offering Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal