By Sharon Aron Baron
Broward County Public Schools (BCPS) is actively seeking a new leader. According to a press release from the district, 26 candidates have applied for the position of the new Superintendent.
The school board has stated that they are looking for a dynamic, innovative, and experienced educational leader who can work collaboratively with stakeholders to advance the district’s strategic goals. The new Superintendent will be responsible for overseeing the education of over 260,000 students in the district.
The independent search firm McPherson & Jacobson, LLC was tasked with conducting a national search for the next Superintendent after BCPS parted ways with controversial former schools chief Dr. Vicky Cartwright.
The effort to oust Cartwright began last year when several school board members challenged her, citing dissatisfaction with her leadership style.
After approving the exit deal, the board voted to appoint Dr. Earlean Smiley as the interim superintendent, noting that she was barred from seeking the job permanently.
Currently, the district has a list of candidates who have applied for the position, which will be presented to the Broward County School Board during the School Board Workshop on Tuesday, May 2, 2023.
Interested parties can review their resumes and the complete timeline of the superintendent search process at browardschools.com/supersearch.
The board has not officially disclosed when it plans to hire its next superintendent.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications