By Sharon Aron Baron
Four people are dead following a two-vehicle crash in North Lauderdale Saturday afternoon, and Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are investigating the cause of the crash.
At approximately 3:28 p.m. on Saturday, May 29, the driver of a 2017 Nissan Rogue was driving westbound on Bailey Road, approaching Rock Island Road. At the same time, the driver of a 2013 Toyota Camry was driving eastbound on Bailey Road, attempting to turn and head north on Rock Island Road.
A witness told detectives that the driver of the Rogue was traveling at a high rate of speed and ran a red light. The Rogue struck the front passenger side of the Camry, causing the Rogue to rotate and slide across the road. The vehicle traveled onto the sidewalk and collided with a concrete wall.
North Lauderdale Fire Rescue and Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene and extricated the four occupants of the Rogue.
Three of the occupants were pronounced deceased on the scene. Broward Sheriff Fire Rescue airlifted the fourth occupant to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced deceased. Their names have not been released at this time.
Paramedics transported the Camry driver to a nearby hospital, where she was treated for injuries considered not life-threatening.
Investigators consider excessive speed by the Rogue driver to be a contributing factor to this crash, and the investigation into the crash is ongoing.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family