By Kevin Deutsch
An accused killer was extradited from New York to Broward County this week to stand trial for the murder of a Tamarac woman, court records show.
Sakiyna Thompson, 28, of Long Island, is accused of killing a woman publicly identified by her family members as Kayla Hodgson, 23, inside her Tamarac apartment on July 13.
According to a grand jury indictment, Thompson stabbed Hodgson multiple times with a knife or other sharp instrument. Hodgson was found unresponsive by a person inside her apartment in the 9300 block of Northwest 57th Street, records show.
Investigators have not publicly revealed a motive for the killing.
Thompson was being held without bond at the North Broward Bureau jail in Pompano Beach Thursday.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 18, 2023Detectives Search for Serial Thief who Struck 4 Times at North Lauderdale Walmart
- NewsJuly 16, 2023Detectives Search for Missing Tamarac Man
- NewsJuly 5, 2023Lauderhill Boy Suffers Facial Burns, Partial Amputation of Fingers in Fireworks Accident
- NewsJune 30, 2023North Lauderdale Woman Struck by SUV Dies