By Kevin Deutsch
An accused killer was extradited from New York to Broward County this week to stand trial for the murder of a Tamarac woman, court records show.
Sakiyna Thompson, 28, of Long Island, is accused of killing a woman publicly identified by her family members as Kayla Hodgson, 23, inside her Tamarac apartment on July 13.
According to a grand jury indictment, Thompson stabbed Hodgson multiple times with a knife or other sharp instrument. Hodgson was found unresponsive by a person inside her apartment in the 9300 block of Northwest 57th Street, records show.
Investigators have not publicly revealed a motive for the killing.
Thompson was being held without bond at the North Broward Bureau jail in Pompano Beach Thursday.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims