By: Saraana Jamraj
For those looking to expand their fitness routines and socialize, Tamarac Parks and Recreation is offering a fun, free, group-oriented way with weekly “All Muscle Saturdays” workout classes.
The class is a full-body workout that includes 14 movements across seven stations, open to people of all ability levels.
It’s part of the new fitness court at Tephford Park, launched in December, which includes several pieces of bodyweight equipment that can be used in thousands of ways, based on seven essential movements.
The court, part of a national program, is also accompanied by a digital app, where classes such as the one on Saturday, can be kept track of.
The class will take place every Saturday, from 9:00 to 9:45 a.m., at Tephford Park, 10003 Southgate Boulevard. For more information call 954-597-3660. The first class is Saturday, February 15, 2020.
- Saraana Selene Jamraj is a writer, activist, and a student pursuing her master's degree in mass communications at Florida International University.
She's currently the communications manager at The Salt Box in Parkland and has lived in Coral Springs since 2004.
- News2020.05.31Feeding South Florida Food Distributions Continue in Tamarac
- News2020.05.28Commission Proposes Transferring $250,000 in Relief for Tamarac Residents
- News2020.05.26Mitch Ceasar Qualifies to Run for Broward Supervisor of Elections
- News2020.05.26Commission Set to Discuss Resident Assistance, Woodlands Development, and White Supremacy