By: Sharon Aron Baron
Have you seen a sudden proliferation of videos taken from above, but too low to have been shot from a plane? Maybe you’ve seen something in the sky with strange lights and you mistook it for a UFO?
Chances are you are looking at something shot from a drone. Drones are now being used in real estate, motion pictures and TV shows by photographers or just enthusiasts that want a different perspective of their surroundings.
Former Tamarac resident Tom Huben took this video of his old neighborhood called Sunflower in Tamarac, Florida. He shot it just a couple weeks ago and the camera allows bird’s eye views of both Sunflower and the Heathgate area as well
Drones can legally operate at heights up to 400 feet and they’re not cheap. They range in price from $500 up to $30,000.
Have a birds-eye of your neighborhood or home? Share it with us. If you’d like one but don’t own a drone, give Tom Huben a call.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.08.21Tamarac’s Michael Cernech Makes Announcement Regarding Delray Beach City Manager Position
- News2019.08.20Delray Beach Picks Tamarac City Manager for Top Position
- News2019.08.20Petco Donates $250,000 to Broward County Animal Care and Adoption Programs
- Events2019.08.19Register Now for the Next City-Wide Garage Sale in Tamarac